How did you downscale the camera?
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Play as a blacksmith frog, accept contracts and make the items. First you must heat the metal to the perfect temperature indicated on the bar, and then hammer it into shape. Reheat as needed. Once the item is complete quench it to cool it down! The quality of the item will determine your reward, so make them good.
- [A, Left] - Move left
- [D, Right] - Move right
- [Space, Left Mouse Button] - Interact with the work station you're at
- [ESC] - Pause game
I accidentally lost the source code, oops. 🤷
m5x7 by Daniel Linssen
"Backbay Lounge" Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
This is how I achieve pixel perfect in most of my games. This works for both 2D and 3D games since all it's doing is rendering the root viewport at a lower resolution.
There are other ways to achieve this effect, but I find that having an autoload script is the simplest.
Nice game - I was entranced for about 1/2 an hour got as far as making excalibur... Is there an end game?
how did you create the vertex snapping effect?
Hey! I made a video on this a while back and it was a ton of fun! I'll admit, not much to do, but the art-style and the concept was rather interesting and really fun!
This was fun. Especially once I figured out how to play. I only wish different items required different steps
Made a video
I liked the gameplay, but there's not much progression - sure you can craft increasingly better equipment but to what end? I'd be nice if there were some cosmetic upgrades in which to spend your in-game money on.
I've always wondered what it would be like to be a frog. Not necessarily a frog SMITH, but hey, there's firsts for everything!
i can never get money at this game. idk why. do you know? i always make them in time and as you said i put the perfet temperature then hammer it, but i get 0 money.
The game is beautiful in its simplicity.
If you're looking for masterpiece results, try this out:
- Heat the ingot to the first partial bar above the target tempurature.
- Ensure that your strike arrow lands in the target zone every time you strike.
- Stop striking the ingot if it reaches the first partial bar below the target tempurature.
- You should be able to get 3-5 strikes in before needing to reheat the ingot
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 until your progress bar is complete, then quench the ingot immediately to stop the heating process.
It's a rhythm for sure, and a delicate one at that. Would love to have more of this
I don't see why people have issues with the gameplay ! After my 4th try I was able to get great quality consistently, without even reading this page's howto (I did read the controls though). IMHO It's a fun little game that has the potential of being turned into a full fledged game ;) With some new mechanics along the road (maybe different gears that require different processes, ala Overcooked and its recipes) and maybe a "business management" side (setting the price to see how it sell (like Tycoon management games or Moonlighter) it would really rock ^^
Nice game, i'm curious about how the polygons of the model animated move like that, is like ps1, probably is something in Godot. Funny game.
I don't know if I did something wrong, I couldn't have, but when I opened the game, it crashed and left me with a purple screen after the Cowthing logo.
I failed my first weapon, but quickly figured out what I needed to do (heat up the metal lol)
and have consistently made masterpiece quality weapons afterwards.
I think you made a fun and cute little game, would be interested in what you make in the future too!
Played some of this on my channel! Really love the style here.
Enjoyed the game for its graphics and premise, it definitely reminded me of Fantasy Life.
I played it. It looks very refined for a game jam entry.
Unfortunately it crashed when I wanted to put the read iron into the water bucket.
About the lost source code: You are maybe able to recover it with some effort from the PCK file.
(I tried it with PCKManager add on, but it seems to crash when I try to open the PCK file)
The game concept is pretty sweet. However, I think there are somethings that need to be done to make this game better.
- There should be a how-to-play in-game.
- At the beginning of each session, the player should know what phase they are in the process of molding the weapon. When the user starts at the middle phase, it can seem like that's the first phase, when really one needs to heat the metal first before moving on. The solution to this one would be to distinguish the phases a little.
- I think, when molding the weapon in the middle phase, there should be some leeway when entering the middle and have some indicator on how close the player is to getting it perfect. Most games allow some leeway and if it's micrometers(just a guestimate) away from the middle, it considers it perfect.
- There should be an indicator of what is adding to the points and not adding to the points. That way the player can have some feel of what to improve.
- I haven't played the game too long, but I feel like the concept is awesome. However, it should be expanded to take full advantage of the idea. I think as more equipment is added, more phases needed to be added to the process i.e. with helmets, you have to make the straps, or even add a new phase to the process.
I feel this game is good. However, it should be expanded upon and these things added/modified. Good work!
I love the look and feel of this game. The music and sound effects are great. Found it really easy to get started. Nice work!
I want to love this game - it have nice concept and charming art with music
BUT - i did 50 attempts and none of it was successful.. NONE
I get "how to play" idea even without info but gameplay is just not ballanced
- Luck of UI "Quality bar" information and "required hit zone" on screen
hides understanding of Feedback
Player dont understand what (s)he did right or wrong
- Even with perfect music rhythm and perfect middle hits
with perfect Temperature - i still lose and have "middle" quality
Difficult curve is just broken! (its not fun)
it should give player excitement and "Flow" moment with slowly rising difficult curve..
but instead game just block player from excitement and joy
leaving with irritation and anger
it's sad - because the game has everything it needs to be great game (almost)
PS. at least Thank you for "High resolution" option
pixelization (without this option) is not charming at all - its just look bad and pixelated
Here some text for understanding of "not fully pixel art" problem
why not just add step by step tutorial for a first test dagger
Which (dagger) also will give sense of first accomplishment and first money for selling first dagger
and you can Literally add feedback text on screen after few hit on cold metal
like "its too cold - Add some heat" or "its too hot and soft"
just add some obvious Indicator
For example temperature Bar should have not 1 line but Range of perfect and middle zone on it
Really nice game!!!
I think you need to explain in the game how to play. :)